As a PRI signatory, each year, SKAGEN reports on a range of criteria according to the PRI's framework for responsible investing. Based on this, PRI issues a report to assess to what extent we have fulfilled the principles. A+ is the highest score awarded.
In its most recent assessment report published in the summer, PRI awarded SKAGEN with an A+ rating in the "Strategy & Governance" category and A ratings in the "Listed Equity – Incorporation" and "Listed Equity – Active Ownership" categories. The incorporation category looks at how well SKAGEN incorporates sustainability issues into investment decisions while the active ownership category is about how we well we engage with companies and our voting activity at general meetings. SKAGEN's scores are higher or on a par with the median when compared with peers.
"The annual PRI assessment is an important part of our work to continuously improve our sustainability initiatives. We are of course very pleased to have received such high scores, but our focus now is on the road ahead," commented sustainability specialist Sondre Myge Haugland.
SKAGEN became a PRI signatory in 2012 and has since been subject to yearly assessments. PRI reporting is the largest global reporting project on responsible investment. The aim is to facilitate learning and development for asset managers and improve their responsible investment practices.
As a PRI signatory, SKAGEN commits to following a set of six principles for incorporating ESG issues into investment practice:
- Principle 1: We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- Principle 2: We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- Principle 3: We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- Principle 4: We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- Principle 5: We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- Principle 6: We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.